Hello, there. I’m a multi-published book author, editor, and reader. I joined my first adult writers’ group at age twelve and, with members of that group, self-published an anthology. I’ve written and edited a variety of content and worked with writers, agents, and publishers. I evaluate, critique, and edit book proposals and manuscripts, read and record books aloud—and love to help others produce and publish great writing.
• Self-published POPULAR FICTION BY OREGON AUTHORS
• Co-authored six mass-market novels for Silhouette and Harlequin under the names Anne Ha and Anne Haven
• Negotiated book contracts with editors and agents
• Evaluated, critiqued, and edited manuscripts, book proposals, and story synopses
• Judged national writing contests
• Networked at writers’ organizations, workshops, and conferences
• Wrote and edited outside mass-market fiction, including book-length nonfiction, web content, blog posts, newsletters, ad copy, marketing and publicity materials, technical and educational content
I’ve spent hundreds (or perhaps, at this point, thousands) of hours narrating stories to small and large audiences. Much of my reading aloud has occurred in elementary school classrooms. I’ve also recorded books, poetry, and essays.
Amherst College, B.A., double major English and Women’s and Gender Studies, A- average, magna cum laude